9.21.2014

週末の楽しみのひとつ




There’s nothing I love more than cooking variety of appetizers, sharing with people I love relaxing on the couch with it, with a bottle of bluemoon and a great TV show. You know what I am a huge fan of lately? Cooking shows! There’s nothing more relaxing on a bit chilly September night, than eating dishes I love with interesting shows.
I consider myself a morning person so I don’t stay up late, but when it comes to these shows, I ended up watching them until almost midnight. They are so addictive
Let me share with you some of the shows I love these days

First of all, have you ever seen “Top Chef”?
This is one of my favorites. “Top Chef” is an American reality competition show on Bravo.
The show started in 2006 in which chefts compete against each other in culinary challenges. Contestants are judged by a panel of professional chefs and other food critics.
Generally, each episode of “top Chef” consists of 2 challenges.
The first part of the challenge is called the “Quickfire” challenge. Each individual chef has to cook a dish that meets certain requirements. For example, chefs are asked to cook the dish using specific ingredients or inspiring a certain taste. They have to cook the dish within 1 or 2 hours.

The other challenge is called an “Elimination Challenge” in which the chefs require to prepare one or more dishes to meet the challenge requirements.
This challenge is more complex and requires a longer time compared to the first challenge. Elimination Challenges could require chefs to work as a team. Sometimes this challenge requires chefs to prepare a whole course meal.
The winner of the top chef receives $100,000 for a new restaurant opening. In addition to that the top chef winner is also featured in food&wine magazine.

I love this show because it inspires me with countless ideas. After watching it, my mind is full of dishes I would like to cook continuously(on and on). Imagining how it tastes with specific ingredients or other specific ingredients is fun! Just fun!

Another favorite show is “Giada at Home” hosted by Giada Pamela De Laurentiis. She is an Italian American chef, writer, television personality and the host of the current food netork television program called “Giada at Home”. She also appears regularly as a contributor and guest co-host on NBC’s today.
She shares very homey recipes while growing up with her Italian family. Relatively easy dishes that can be cooked for any occasion: a weeknight, cozy dinner, weekend brunch make me highly motivated toward cooking.
Her Italian family background includes a variety of colorful ingredients which draw audiences to the show. It is hard to step away from the TV screen once I start watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment