Last Friday, we had a party. It was such an amazing night. We tried new rice dish that we wanted to try.
In case you are wondering, this dish is super easy. You’ll know why. All we gotta do is find authentic ingredients and cook with rice. Whatever the ingredients you like work! We wanted our rice to be colorful and simple, so we chose ‘soramame’ and dried shrip. It turned out GREAT! You just gotta do it! I am sure you will love it.
1) Bring a pot of water to the boil and salt it lightly. Drop broad beans into the boiling water and cook them for 3 mins.
2) Squeeze each one gently to pop it from the skin. Discard the skins and set the bean aside.
3) Rince the rice and drain and let it sit for 30 mins.
4) In a pot, add rice, 360ml water, 1 tbsp of sake, 1 tbsp of salt and cover konbu over the rice and let it cook with middle heat.
5) When it boils, take off the konbu(seaweed), let it cook another 15 mins.
6) Turn off the heat, spread boiled broad bean around, and mix.
7) Pour the rice to individual bowl